U7s to U10s football league
‘Saturday mornings will never be the same again!’
Wednesday April 1st 2020
We are very proud to announce the launch of
YEL (Derby) starting in September 2020
a brand new mini soccer league for
U7s to U10s team on Saturday mornings.
‘We are bringing our unique brand of tried and tested football experience to teams within a 15 miles radius of Derby City Centre. Comment Rob Harwood CEO of the YEL. He added, ’ Young teams will have the opportunity and excitement of playing organised football against similar ability sides on a home and away basis during the course of two seasons in one – Winter season (pre Christmas and Spring season (after Christmas).’
The YEL has been around for over 65 years. During this time a proven formula has been created which has proved incredibly popular with teams and clubs across the East Midlands. When many other leagues are losing teams, the YEL goes from strength to strength with numbers having grown year on year for the last 20 years; Indeed, in the past five years alone, the YEL has grown in size by another 50% to just under 1,200 teams.
Here are some of the reasons for the popularity and what is now being brought to Saturday mornings in Derbyshire and the adjoining counties:
- YEL (Derby) has the full support of Derbyshire FA
- Home and away matches each week during the season – where avoidable, competitive fixtures will not be set during Derby City Schools holidays or bank holidays. Home teams host the matches at their grounds
- Close monitoring of the U7s & U8s results every FOUR weeks to ensure teams are appropriately matched on ability
- U7s & U8s – Optional mini festivals three times a year
- Travel distance limited to a maximum of 15 miles radius from Derby City Centre
- Split seasons – Winter: September to Christmas – Spring: January to May
- Professionally run league with full and part-time paid staff who concentrate on bringing teams and clubs the best possible experience of children’s football
- Supported by Derbyshire FA referees department, the YEL will appoint referees to our YEL (Derby) U9s & U10s games where possible to provide neutral, unbiased officiating for the teams.
- U9 & U10 teams will enjoy two competitive mini leagues – one during each of the two seasons as well as cup competitions for each age group with different cups based on ability groups to ensure everyone has a chance of winning ‘The Cup.’ Finals to be held at neutral venues
- Our YEL Referees team – a perfect blend of youth and experience drawn from all ages – will work closely with Derbyshire FA to develop the young up and coming referees as they begin their refereeing journey
- Our YEL Respect Team – both home and field based personnel – will provide invaluable support to the County FA as well as providing support and encouragement for everyone involved in YEL (Derby) – players, managers, coaches, parents, Welfare Officers etc.
Technology used by YEL
FA Whole game system – player registration system
FA Full-Time – match creation and reporting of results
YELScoreline – In house management system for
Respect, Discipline, Finance/Invoices, Club contact information
Interested in finding out more about YEL (Derby)?
Join us for an online meeting on Thursday 9th April at 7.30pm where two of our board members, Rob Harwood, CEO and Kev Cooper, YEL Fixtures and Events, we will host a brief presentation followed by a question and answer session.
In order to join the meeting on Thursday 9th April you will need to email the YEL Office – email@example.com – stating your name, your club and a contact mobile number. A link will then be sent along with joining instructions
Further details regarding costs and general information about the YEL can be found under ‘JOIN THE YEL’ menu item.